Three wholesome adult style lunchables made healthier with Simple Mills Sprouted Seed Crackers. Think nutrient dense + simple & dippable recipes to enjoy for the #wholeyear! This post was made in partnership with Simple Mills. Thank you for supporting the genuine brands that make TNK possible 🙂 All opinions are my own.
You dip, I dip, WE ALL DIP. Because food is so much more fun that way, si?
Whether I’m packing lunches for the week, snacking in between patients at the hospital or throwing a tapas party with my gals… this woman is all about the dips. Specifically paired with crunchy crackers and lots of flavor. That’s why I was SUPER pumped when Simple Mills asked me to create a recipe featuring their new Sprouted Seed Crackers.
It was perfect timing since meal prep friendly lunches were one of the most requested recipes in the annual TNK survey. Ask and you shall receive my loves! I rounded up three simple and wholesome dippable lunch ideas for you to try this January. Oh and ALL YEAR long too because you already know my philosphy around creating life long sustainable health habits.
Be sure to check out this post for more insight on creating realistic health intentions for the year. It’s less about the quick fixes and more about finding value in quality foods, movement each day and putting your mental health first…but let’s get back to the goods for now.
Instead of boring hummus + carrots + turkey slices, I decided to provide you with something a little more balanced, filling and plant focused. All these lunchables can be whipped up within minutes; are chalk full of real food nutrients and carry all the dippable FLAVOR babay.
The best part is they are extremely versatile whether you’re vegetarian or a carnivore lover.
Each recipe offers a different flavor profile as well. Think Mediterranean, Thai and Mexican. An adult spin on your childhood convenient lunchables. Because TNK is all about variety and quality ingredients.
So why sprouted crackers? Aside from being dense enough to hold up a hefty load of butternut enchilada dip, they offer more wholesome convenience than your average cracker.
My fellow dietetic interns go nuts for these because their made with REAL food ingredients, no added sugars or chemicals and offer a good amount of healthy fats, protein and fiber. Aka nutrient dense crackers that won’t make ya feel lethargic. You can find them at your local Whole Foods Market and now available on Amazon!
It makes my heart so darn happy to have these quality and convenient options available to us. They’re also gluten free and grain free catering to all the humans.
I provided three different recipe cards below featuring a vegan chickpea bruschetta, tahini chicken salad and hearty enchilada dip. Each to be paired with the different cracker varieties Simple Mills offers!
It was so much fun creating these dips I even threw a mini wine & tapas night afterwards with them all. Whether you’re feelin meal prep lunches or wine night…YOU DO YOU BOO.
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 cups roasted eggplant chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of fresh basil, diced
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Hanful of fresh arugala
- [url href=”https://www.simplemills.com/pages/simple-mills-store-locator?utm_source=https://thenutritiouskitchen.co/&utm_medium=referral-sscwholefoodstnk&utm_campaign=thenutritiouskitchenjanuary” target=”_blank”][i][b]Pair with: Garlic & Herb Sprouted Seed Crackers[/b][/url]
- Combine all ingredients except sprouted crackers. If not using sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, make sure you add about 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to mixture.
- Serve with fresh arugala and sprouted seed crackers for dipping. If not vegetarian add goat cheese and cooked chicken sausage.
- 16 oz. cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Handful of red cabbage, chopped
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. sesame tahini
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp. minced ginger (from jar)
- Optional: sirracha or favorite hot sauce
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- [b][url href=”https://www.simplemills.com/pages/simple-mills-store-locator?utm_source=https://thenutritiouskitchen.co/&utm_medium=referral-sscwholefoodstnk&utm_campaign=thenutritiouskitchenjanuary” target=”_blank”][i]Pair with: Simple Mills Everything Sprouted Seed Crackers [/i][/url][/b]
- Combine chicken, esamame, bell pepper, cabbage, peanuts, sea salt and pepper in a large bowl. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the tahini, coconut aminos, lime, ginger and sirracha. Add more aminos or lime depending on your preference or the taste. Toss sauce with chicken and fresh cilantro. Serve with crackers for dipping!
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted corn (buy from freezer section for convenience!)
- 2 cups roasted butternut sqash chunks
- 1 cup favorite enchilada sauce
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup goat cheese or shredded mexican blend cheese
- Optional: cooked ground turkey or ground tempeh for extra protein
- Sliced avocado or greek yogurt for topping (dairy free if needed)
- [url href=”https://www.simplemills.com/pages/simple-mills-store-locator?utm_source=https://thenutritiouskitchen.co/&utm_medium=referral-sscwholefoodstnk&utm_campaign=thenutritiouskitchenjanuary” target=”_blank”][i][b]Pair with: Simple Mills Original Sprouted Seed Crackers [/b][/i][/url]
- Combine all ingredients except avocado, greek yogurt and crackers. If you want to serve warm, place enchilada mixture in an oven safe dish and bake for 5 minutes. Top with extra cheese and broil for 2 minutes.
- Alternatively you can heat in microwave if you are at work or on the go! Top with sliced avocado and a dollop of plain yogurt. Serve with sprouted crackers for dipping!