My love affair with tahini continues. Tahini may seem a little basic these days but if it means having this liquid gold in my life each day…I’m all about that basic lyfe. No regrets. Insert these lemon tahini chicken lettuce cups!
You may see by now the recipes around here are meant to be simple. My outside life is complicated enough as it is, the nutritious food on my plate doesn’t need that none sense. Good old simple nourishment is the way to go my friends.
By the way, how are ya doing? It’s Monday. It was a long, mentally draining weekend for me which means this post is going to be short and sweet. Sort of like the recipe to follow. If you caught my weekend wellness post Friday talking all things imbalance then it should come as no surprise to you I’m a little discombobulated today. Completely and utterly imbalanced.
I’d rather be straight up real with you than try and pretend I’m radiating pure joy at the moment. The good news is I AM OKAY. I’m working through some personal life woes at home but all in all, life is good. I mean, Boston is merely two weeks away away and I could not be more ecstatic for this new adventure to begin.
If I’m being TOTALLY honest here, it’s Sunday afternoon as I write this post and sort through photos and regardless of the emotional baggage bursting through my insides…sitting here and writing about my ode to tahini to y’all is the best thing for me. What is it about writing from your soul that calms the senses? For me it does anyway.
And yes, this tahini, love letter if you will, is 100% written out of soulful love. So THANK YOU for being here. For clicking from your inbox or instagram link or wherever you’re arriving from to sit and read through my passionate banter. You’re the real MVP. Even if there’s just a handful of you reading this, I am so happy you value my form of foodie wellness passion. It feeds my soul just as much as it feeds yours (hopefully).
On the topic of FEEDING lets talk tahini chicken lettuce cups. 6 main ingredients, before we factor in the lettuce + mix ins. Meal prep friendly, filling, and the absolute opposite of boring “bro” food (aint no time for unseasoned baked tilapia and steamed broccoli around these parts…YAWN). Fellow fitness junkies will understand this.
I love prepping the lemon tahini chicken at the beginning of the week then using in different ways depending on my mood. Lettuce cups are always a fun, light option or you could easily throw it into a wrap, on top of toast or mixed with your favorite veggies. Sometimes I’ll add golden raisins to the mix for a sweet + salty flavor combo. YUM. You do you and let me know how you enjoy it! Have a lovely start to your week friends and thanks for following along over here on TNK. I’m once again, beyond grateful for ya (and tahini because #tahiniislyfe)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced into small chunks
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- ¼ cup tahini
- Juice from 4-5 small lemons
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos + almond milk to thin sauce
- Optional mix ins: chopped almonds, diced cherry tomatoes, herbs of choice
- Butter lettuce cups or wraps/toast of choice
- Saute diced chicken in a skillet with olive oil, sea salt and pepper over medium high heat until cooked through (about 10-12 minutes).
- While chicken is cooking, make lemon tahini dressing. Whisk together tahini, lemon juice and coconut aminos. Slowly add in dashes of almond milk to thin sauce to a medium consistency.
- Once chicken is done cooking, toss with tahini sauce and add seasonings to adjust taste. Make sure to reserve some tahini sauce on the side for topping.
- Add in chopped almonds, diced cherry tomatoes and herbs of choice. I like to swap out tomatoes for golden raisins when I'm in a sweet + savory mood.
- Place on top of butter lettuce cups or inside a wrap or on top of your favorite piece of toast!